Why are ad platforms being used right now?
Publishers want to sell their ad spaces at the highest cost possible, while advertisers hope to place advertisements at the lowest prices they can. If the publisher is in charge of determining prices, ad space unit prices tend to be set at a high level. This leads to unsold spaces and price reductions. Of course, advertisers accept these price reductions. In this way a system has been created in which it is difficult to understand what reasonable prices are. Conversely, if the ad networkwhich fills in the surplus ad spacesis in charge of determining unit prices, the risk exists that it will be impossible for publishers to receive the ad unit prices they are hoping for.
In the online ad market of the past, a rivalry has existed between publishers and advertisers. MicroAd's ad platforms are the only way to resolve this problem; they make it possible for advertisers to effectively transmit advertisements at suitable prices, and for publishers to sell off ad spaces at reasonable prices by increasing the amount of advertisements that are circulated.
Ad platforms bring benefits to advertisers as well as to the publishers who provide ad spaces. They help increase the value of advertisements and the amount of circulated advertisements alike.
Major changes caused by ad platforms
The ad platforms offered by MicroAd are drastically different from past concepts, making it possible to provide various types of added value to platform participants.
MicroAd's ad platforms
MicroAd creates new value for display advertising.
- MicroAd BLADE: An ad platform from the viewpoint of advertisers
Demand-side platform (DSP)
- Highly precise targeting
- CPA optimization
- Real-time bidding (RTB)
- MicroAd COMPASS: An ad platform from the viewpoint of publishers Supply-side platform (SSP)
- Ad revenue maximization through "Full Flat Auction"
- Comprehensive ad management tools
- Multi-device support
- MicroAd Kyoto Research Institute (Data Mining Team)
- MicroAd established the Kyoto Research Institute in 2008 in order to conduct high-grade analyses of audience data and to maximize the effects of advertisements. MicroAd's data scientists utilize an enormous amount of data to learn what website users want, and then work to improve advertising effects. The results of the research conducted at the Kyoto Research Institute are provided as feedback for technologies to transmit advertisements that match individual users. By transmitting advertisements while gathering information about user needswhich are changing day by dayit is now possible to respond to these needs with a greater probability of success.
MicroAd's future vision
DSPs for advertisers and SSPs for publishers are just one part of what MicroAd offers. The platforms that MicroAd aims at make it possible to seamlessly use a wide range of technologies and services connected to online advertising, including ad transactions, creative banners, and website internal analysis. In the future we hope to offer all types of digital ad platforms in addition to online advertising. For example, vending machines and refrigerators would become highly valuable types of media if they were connected to the Internet.
MicroAd provides convenient platforms that are used by many corporations. They feature a broad base of services and structures that are easy to understand for first-time users.
The evolution of information technology has made it possible to commoditize various things and use them at low costs. However, the online advertising field suffers from an overwhelming lack of innovation. By offering the best ad platforms, MicroAd aims to create a world in which anybody can easily take part in marketing.